ALUMINIUM STAIR NOSINGS & TRIMS
1. To ensure the stair nosings keep their appearance, they
should be cleaned weekly, more frequently in
areas of heavy traffic.
2. Build up of dirt and grease can prove hazardous.
3. Insert and UPVC should be cleaned with an aluminium
or upvc cleaner.
4. Spray direct on to the surface to be cleaned.
Leave for a few minutes to break up soilage, wipe off with
a clean damp cloth.
5. Allow to dry before use to avoid any slip hazard.
6. Aluminium can be lightly burnished with fine steel wool.
7. Polish will reduce anti-slip properties and solvent
cleaners are not suitable.
A build up of dirt and grease will reduce the anti-slip
properties of the insert.
2. Polishes, sealants or any other coatings should not
be applied to PVC inserts, as they too will reduce the
anti-slip properties of the insert.
3. PVC inserts and UPVC channels can be cleaned with an
aluminium or upvc cleaner..
4. Strong detergents must not be used on stair nosing inserts
as this may cause fading of the insert colour.
5. In the event of excessive build up of dirt and grease,
a gentle rub down of the insert with a lightweight
scourer will reproduce a key to the surface.